diumenge, 16 d’octubre del 2011

Let's go to WuYiShan!

Hi everyone! After a long, funny and exhausting weekend, I am back!! As I told you, on Friday I went to a custom party -although I wasn't invited-. And my custom? I thought that the term custom was a joke, so I just borrowed a black bathrobe from a friend, and a fan from another. I guess you are all thinking: and what was I supposed to be? Honestly: No f**king idea, but was funny and the people said I looked quite creepy! So I "dressed up" and went to the restaurant. Oh my god, you can't imagine how the people was dressed up! From pharaohs to priest, including angels, Dexter -from the TV show-... So I was quite ashamed about my outfit when I got there. However, everyone accepted that although strange, I was creepy and original! We had a great night!
And yesterday I had another birthday party. This time, I was invited to it and, luckily, there was no need to wear customs...
The birthday girl was Kris, from France. She, together with his boyfriend Jo, were the first people I met when I arrived to Suzhou, and since then we're great friends. For dinner, we went to a Tepanyaki, a Japanese restaurant in which, for a fix price -around 15€- you can eat and drink as much as you want. We stayed there for hours, eating a lot -it was delicious-! And do you guess what we ended up doing? A napkin war! The reason? There is none, but as soon as someone threw the first napkin, it was impossible to stop it. And it was really funny -imagine the feeling of getting a napkin, smelling like seafood and other stuff, in your face-... Afterwards, we went out to a club by the lake.
And today was a non-stop day! I woke up, had breakfast while reading the sport's newspapers while I drink a couple coffees -it's already a ritual, I can't live without it- and then, went to the gym. Once I was done with the gym, I got a text message telling me that today there was Kungfu class... and as I am masochist -the stretching hurt so much- I assisted! And I just got back home from it. I just want to relax and recover...
Anyway, let's go back to the story of my trip to the south of this huge country!
We spent Wednesday's night in Xiamen, sharing two double rooms among 7 people -I had already forgotten the feeling of sleeping in a bed...- and on Thursday morning, after packing everything and leaving it in the lockers of the train station, we went sightseeing. Xiamen is famous because it's an island and has a great weather, but apart from that it also has a nice Buddhist temple and, just 5 minutes by ferry, there is a really small but cute island called Gulangyu. So we spent the morning visiting both things:
First, the temple. You should visit, at least once in your life, one of these temples. It's not just a temple, but it's surrounded by amazingly big gardens with lakes, pagodas, etc. And it's so full of people...
And after the visit to the temple, we took a ferry and went to Gulangyu. I must say I was a little disappointed with it. You know what impressed my more? The views of Xiamen: there was a row of skyscrapers just by the sea... incredible! But the island itself was too touristic, the streets were just full of souvenir shops and restaurants, and it was too crowded. However, we stayed there until the afternoon, walking around and stopping in a really nice colonial house which had been turned into a coffee shop.
Then, at 6, we had to go to the train station as that day we were going to take a train to WuYiShan, a natural park in the south of Xiamen. Anyone wants to guess how long did the train trip last? 13 hours!! Luckily, we could find hard bed tickets, and so we could sleep a bit during the night. And it was an experience, sleeping in litters of three and surrounded by Chinese people. We survived, and around 8 o'clock in the morning we arrived to our destiny...

As everyday, I don't have more time to write as I still have some things to do before tomorrow. I hope you all had a great weekend!! Take care!


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada