divendres, 30 de setembre del 2011

Let's break the myth!

Hi everyone!! Yesterday I wrote in Spanish, so today is the time for English! As always, I do not have much time as today we're celebrating... MEN'S NIGHT!!! That means: just guys -doesn't sound great right?- and a poker set... it's time to play! Luckily, the RMB is much lower than the €, so we'll bet around 20RMB per person -which sounds good but it's just a bit more than 2€!-. We have to take care of our economy! And so we're meeting at 7 in a friend's flat to start playing. And what to do afterwards? I'd bet much more than 20 RMB that we'll go out somewhere, it's friday night! By the way, when we explained the girls our idea they were jealous -that's why we told them- and so they decided to organize a "girls' night" -just a cheap copy of ours...-. Oh, and yesterday's roof party was great! We were on a 27th floor from where you could see the whole city. Simply amazing...
Besides, today I wanted to explain you some funny Chinese stories, but first I want to break a myth: here they don't eat dogs! Well, not exactly that but dog's meat is really expensive, it's a delikatessen, and so they won't serve it to you instead of beef. If you want it, you have to order it. Or maybe that's what they tell strangers so we feel safer when we eat, who knows... But it's such a funny myth. The other day, in class, the teacher asked me if I like animals, and which. You should have seen my face then... I was like: "Sure, I love animals. And my favorite ones? You mean for food or pets? I would say dogs, but not to eat! I repeat, not to eat!" I couldn't stop laughing for the next 5 minutes. I didn't mean to be cubbish, but as we say in Catalan: "Havia de deixar les coses clares!".
Another funny story? I have already told you that Chinese peoples, specially the young ones, are really friendly to strangers, but few of them speak English. So imagine the situation... One day I was coming back from the supermarket, with my brand new camera, and suddenly I heard a voice shouting at me. At first I didn't pay any attention, for two reasons:
  1. It was in Chinese, and my Chinese...
  2. Who the hell could shout at me in Chinese?
Anyway, curiosity was too strong so I turned around and so a young guy staring at me, from a field where they were building some flats. Imagine my face, I was completely confused. However, curiosity will kill me one day -but I'm too nosy! Many of you know so...- and made me go to see what he wanted. He opened the main gate for me and told me to come in -well, I guessed so by his gestures. Perhaps he wanted the opposite ;)-, so I did, and he offered me his chair. Then I was really confused... Even more because he didn't stop talking in Chinese to me, and I was like: "Sorry man but I don't speak any Chinese. Really, I don't have any idea of what you're telling me. Yes, I love you too". Ah, and he didn't stop staring and pointing at my camera! So after 10 minutes of trying hard but not getting a word, I took the chance when he went to look for something and I left! You may think: "Why?". The answer: "I don't know". However, the following days I passed by that field many times and every time we greeted each other, but I never again went in... That's China, people talk to you, non-stop, although you don't get a word! And it's so funny sometimes...
Sorry but I need to go!! A room full of guys -sounds horrible now! Maybe I should go to the girl's party...- is waiting for me! I hope you all have a great weekend!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada