dijous, 1 de març del 2012

Flashback - Part 1: Welcome back

You know, today is one of those days were you would just lay in sofa and watch some movies, while feeling homesick... Why? Mainly due to the weather, we're having awful weather those past days: cloudy, rainy and cold. What else can you ask for, right? :) And the weather forecast says it will stay this way for the next two weeks...
However, I'm not going to complain, as here in China everything is so crazy, such a non-stop, that whenever you have the chance to relax and rest for a day, take it! You do not know which crazy things will be waiting for you tomorrow... Well, I kind of do: class and language exchange, plus something in the evening, and on Saturday I'm going to Shanghai with many friends. It's going to be AWESOME!
But today is time for a flashback. As much as I like to explain you all the interesting Chinese anecdotes and stories, I think it is fair to dedicate some chapters of the blog to the last month, to the great days I spent back home. So let's start...
Everything started on a Wednesday, 11th of January of 2012. After taking my exams, saying good-bye to some friends who wouldn't be here the next semester -frenchies, we miss you!!- and preparing everything, the day had arrived: it was time to go back home! It was an exhausting day -3 hours by bus, 11h by plane, 2h waiting in Frankfurt for another 2h plane- but at 11PM I was finally back home! :D
It was great to see everyone, from family to friends. Especially my little brother, Ton, that I had missed so much. He was so much taller... I'm afraid when I see him again he'll already be as tall or taller than me! I spent the first days visiting everyone, talking hours and hours about my experiences, and listening to my family and friends, that told me how was everything back home. Luckily, nothing had really changed, it was still the perfect place that I remembered. And that first weekend, David, my eldest brother, came home from Holland to visit me. It was a long time without meeting him, since last August...
About that weekend, I must say that I had a jet-lag attack! Oh God, both days I fell asleep around 5PM, woke up at 9 to have some dinner and went directly straight to bed. The 7 hours difference sucks! :)
So back home I went back to my old friends, picking up old traditions with friends -such as the daily evening beer at "La Consulta"- and with family. I wanted to be and was surrounded by somebody the whole time, sharing the way the life had treated us -not bad at all, in my case-.
Well well well, I think it's time for me to go for dinner, I'm really hungry! I'll eat something before I get too hungry and do what we say back home: "If you are hungry, eat your leg".
If I have annoyed someone explaining my memories -and by being a bit homesick-, don't worry! It's just the rain, I need my portion of Sun!! And it'll come soon. :D
By the way, I will dedicate next chapter to Vienna, it deserves an own chapter as it was amazing! :D See you!!!


PS: this picture was taken here in China, last week, and it's dedicated to a great friend that unfortunately had to go back home earlier than expected. Martin, all the best and take care!! :D

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada