dilluns, 22 de desembre del 2014

THANK YOU

Well, well, well... After 3 years and nearly 4 months this will be my last post in this blog. It all started as a funny way of explaining my experience in China, on the other side of the world. When I moved here everybody thought I was going to unexplored lands where chaos reigned, whose people spoke an indecipherable language and the English language is spoken worse than in Spain...

Before coming and maybe for the first weeks I also thought this way, but here I am now: 3 years older, with a bit more beard and grey hair (on the way to look like George Clooney) and having lived the most amazing experience of my life! This so called chaos has become my home, Chinese people have welcomed and treated me better than I would have ever imagined and I even speak the language now. So I have a big mix of feelings inside me right now, sadness about leaving for good a city that I'm proud to call home but happiness to move back home, to my family and childhood friends, after more than 4 years. The best is that I will never lose the most amazing thing I have experienced here, and these are my friends, who along these 3 years have become my family:


  • The Suzhou crew:  what a hell of an experience! Nearly 10 months surrounded by the most awesome people you can think of, probably partying way too often and not studying as much as we should, but we made the best of our time together. So when do we organize a reunion?
  • My South African family: they literally adopted me, made me feel like I was part of the family, sharing confidences, parties, family meals and excursions, etc.  In here I would like to make a special mention to two people:

    • My brother, who was my best friend and confident and with whom I've lived the best and the worst in China. Unfortunately time and circumstances tore us apart but I am so thankful I got to know you. I wish you all the best bro.
    • My Shanghainese South African: she’s a teacher in Shanghai and indeed taught me many things about this city, starting from the streets (I had a tough time trying to remember the names) to how to overcome the not so good moments. Due to work we have not met often this year, but it’s been a pleasure knowing you and you have a house in Barcelona now!
  • Mis hermanos and the Spanish crew: short time that we've shared, but indeed intense. Guys, you have showed me one side of Shanghai I didn't know yet. The list
    of anecdotes lived is infinite, but I would like to highlight just one: two days before leaving China for good they helped me accomplish a 3-years long mission. Even I had given up already but finally I did it! Thanks bros!
  • And last, because she’s been by my side the longest, in the worst and best moments and hasn’t kicked my ass yet (for what she deserves at least a golden statue)... MY SISTER! Some of you may have had the privilege to meet her, others back in Barcelona have just had this privilege, and I'm sure you all understand why I love her so much!

Sorry about no naming anybody but the list is way too long and I’m afraid you would get bored. But at the same time I’m sure you all know who I am talking about, as I've either lived with you or explained you thousand times my stories here. And there are so many more people I have not listed but then I'd never end...

So guys, now a new adventure starts... back home, yes, but doing a 180 degrees turn in my professional career: joining a start-up with the best mentor and advisers team that I can think of! Time to work my ass off, to keep on learning every day, and I can already tell you this: it is going to be a great success! And then maybe someday I will have some days off and I can come visit you all! But until this is possible just know that you all have a house in Barcelona!

See you soon!

The Chinese


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada